How can parents help?
How can parents help at home?
- Read daily with your child
- Sign the reading pages of the PO
- Help your child to practise their spellings
- Help your child achieve their Numeracy Passport target
- Be aware of current topics and talk about them with your child
- Help your child to get to school on time
- Let the nurse know if your child is ill
- Label all your child’s belongings
How can parents help in school?
There are many ways in which you can support your child in Year 6.
If you are interested in any of the following, please contact your class link/class teacher:
- Assisting with Guided Reading Sessions
- Helping out on day trips around Muscat
- Working in class on projects, or during Enrichment Days
- Offering 'expertise' linked to a curriculum topic area (This could involve offering help with resourcing or even working with small/large groups of children)